fbpx

Envision a copious amount of mushrooms in canned cream of mushroom soup? Few manufacturers declare the mushroom content on their food labels, and for those that do, the mushroom content’s consistent at 6% (mushroom content may vary across manufacturers and brands). If canned mushroom soup contains 6% mushrooms, what is the remaining 94% made up of?

Common ingredients used in manufacturing canned soup include water, starch, wheat flour, vegetable oil, dried milk and cream, not forgetting seasoning, flavouring and stabilizers, etc. These other ingredients contribute to the ‘tastiness’ and thick consistency of these processed soups.

Be Food Smart. Be FoodSavvy.

Like and share our FB page FoodSavvy.sg for more Food Smart Tips.

FoodSavvy.sg is an advocate for reading of food labels and encourage all consumers to do so and exercise discretion at all times.

Like & Share FoodSavvy.sg's FB Page For More FoodSavvy Tips